Sunday, May 01, 2005

A Sunday meditation #2

Today is Sunday. From today’s sermon, several things arrested my attention. In this world, the children of God will suffer persecution so the question was asked, “Am I suffering for my faith?” If not, then that is probably a sign that I am walking with a low standard. Christ’s standard isn’t low, but I tend to compromise and lower it for myself. I want to make sure I don’t do that. I don’t want to kid myself. I can’t kid God. And what about all those people watching me? I have a responsibility to them. I don’t want to damage my relationship with Christ or damage the name of Christ in those around me. If I’m not living under the blood of Christ then I’m not really living at all. Being true to the walk of Christ is all that matters.

No comments: