Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The moon still shines in the sky

Thank you, 47th, for making me one of the tagged. I choose to ignore my tag responsibilities at present, but will post my 5 thingies at another time.

Woke up from a good night's sleep in the peacefulness of the country this morning. We've traveled from Indiana to Texas to visit here for a week over the holidays. I didn't realize until now how seriously I needed a break. Back home (Kokomo) there were so many loose ends to tie up: paperwork for the end of the school semester; arrangements for Christmas; arrangements for the trip to Texas; discussions for our move to Scotland; discussions for Candace's overseas study at the University of Glasgow; discussions for Joshua's overseas study in South Korea. These are the types of topics which are highly interesting to a mom, subjects that call her attention to the most minute details.

I thought we were going to have an eventful year, but I think Josh has us beat. First he's going to come home to Indiana with us for a few weeks, then he's off to South Africa to go on an archaeological dig for four weeks, then he's home in Kokomo for a short stay then off to South Korea for a whole semester of overseas study, then home again in time to be able to go with us to Scotland for a month or so, then back to Texas to finish his last year of undergraduate study at LeTourneau. He then plans to go to graduate school in the field of archaeology.

Next week when Candace is gone to Pheonix on her missions trip and Amy & Ben are off at the RP Winter's Conference for the youth, I hope to cruise the Internet with Josh to learn more about these trips he will take.

As you can see, Candace and Amy and Ben live pretty exciting lives too. :-)

I'll admit that excitement isn't all it's cracked up to be - right now - just give me the quiet country life for a few more days!

1 comment:

Feanor said...

Yay for blogging while on vacation, yay for business, stress, and excitement, yay for Christmas Eve!