Thursday, September 06, 2007

My brain is toast

Been in the writing lab for 3 hrs and 45 mins. Answered grammar and usage questions. Read dutifully about evolution nonsense, and pscho mumbo-jumbo. Now I deflate. Good for nothing but to be a pleasant grinning, blurry-eyed companion. Nothing to add to a conversation but incoherent ramblings.

Still, life is good. Completed my third week of college; taught my first week of SCA classes; tutored 15 hrs here at the Information Emporium (uh, the library); and started tutoring my two ten yr old tutees. (note alliteration)

Wish I had brought my bible. Wonder if they have a bible in this place? (note to self: put that little bible in backpack)

Meeting lots of new people, learning lots. Some good, some not so good. Glad there's life outside acedemia.

Still rather be at home. The Lord stretches me. Looking forward to walking with a friend tonight. Relish human contact with like-minded people.

Hubby's good. He works a lot too. We keep an eye on each other to make sure we don't stretch too thin. If you look at somebody and they're really not there. You know ... you can see right through them ... well, you need to pull 'em back and ball them all up and make them opaque again.

So be on the look-out for those transparent people out there.

Good talking with you.

7 comments:

Feanor said...

Hey Mrs. Jones!!!!! Lovely to be spoken to by you again! I've missed you. Its scary how easily school (teaching and being taught) can turn us into transparent men. Only God can make us tangible. Sometimes I feel myself wearing thin in places these days and I'm not working nearly as hard as you. God bless you and keep you.

C. Bright said...

Aw, I love you.

The Psalmest said, "In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul." (94:19)
I think he had the right idea.

the green sharpie! said...

Mrs. J!

I rather love you.

Yes I do.

Charity said...

I've missed reading your blog. I'm glad I didn't miss this post.

"Relish human contact with like-minded people."

^ That is exactly how I feel after classes. Stretching is good...to a certain point. I'll definitely be on the lookout for transparent people. Thanks for the reminder.

p.s. What are you teaching at SCA?

Suzanne said...

Hello friends. I missed you all too in blogville. I'll try to come back more often. This is important too.

Charity, I'm teaching two levels of English - High School Eng Comp and Middle School Eng Gram.

Later gator!

Feanor said...

You haven't posted in while Mrs. Jones, that makes me sad. I miss you.

the green sharpie! said...

"untoast thy brain!" said the mole
"as soon as possible!" said the frog
"..."said someone at some other time somewhere else where brains don't get toasted like everyone elses.

that pretty much made no sense, but oswells...it came most sincerely from my cold-infested head.