Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The remains of the day

Life-saver: Sonic has $1 burgers every Tuesday night. Ahh! Sweet!

My brain makes weird connections sometimes. I was just thinking how blogging is like private devotions. I make myself believe that if I can't commit to it a decent chunk of time, I should skip it altogether. Not a good approach. Both are, I guess, time investments. Of course, the vast difference in the value of these two things makes the comparison quickly looses its effect.

But just writing that intro reminds me of another comparison between blogging and private devotions. I often find that at the start, my mind draws a blank, but if I just make a go of it (respectfully), thoughts will soon start to flow. The hard part is making the initial attempt.

On to other things: Thursday Josh, Candace and I are going up north to check out the University of Chicago as a possible grad school for Josh. Should be a good trip. More on that later.

Other summer pursuits include guitar and Latin lessons. I'm going to teach guitar lessons to a friend this summer, and I'll tutor a girl in Latin for a few weeks too. We'll be gearing up for next year's Latin II class. Really looking forward to teaching two levels of Latin next year, and tutoring this summer will help me get back into the language. I guess I better play the guitar too to toughen up the ol' fingers.

Here are some of our backyard photos:
Like I told you last blog, we had a backyard fellowship the other night. There was a lot of visiting, baseball playing, bubbling, cat petting, and even some attempted pinching. Thought you'd like to know that. You have some fun too.

Not much remaining in this day so I better go.

5 comments:

Feanor said...

Awsome, I "talk" to that cat almost every weekend, and noow I finally see it. Is that Jamie holding it?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I really enjoyed the pictures. Love you.

Suzanne said...

Yap, that's Jamie, and yap, that's the cat you talk to. But, um, I thought all this time you were talking to Ben.

C. Bright said...

::starts humming the theme from Rex Harrison's "Doctor Dolittle" ::

Ah hem.

Feanor said...

Well, I call to talk to Ben, but I guess he figures I should talk to someone with an IQ equal to mine, so he puts the cat on.