Tuesday, September 20, 2005

woodle woodle woodle

I just looked on the floor here by the computer and spied a sheet of paper with the title of this blog printed repeatedly on over two thirds of it. Don't ask me its significance - I couldn't even begin to guess. Do you realize how strange it is for me, a perfectly rational human being, to live here in a house full of teenagers? I like it and all, don't get me wrong, it's just a little weird sometimes. If you know why someone would print out such a word over and over again, please let me in on the secret. I could even understand someone printing out a helpful word over and over like "study study study" or " clean clean clean" or "mine mine mine" (volleyball players or two-year olds know about that one). But woodle ?

Today I taught the SCA Latin classes. I teach my four second year Latin students right after they finish up Greek class, poor dears. They are real troopers to press on through close to two hours of none stop conjugating and such. I fancy that I see in their faces the same enthusiasm for the ancient language that gushes out of me, but you'll have to check with them on that. Let me live on in my happy Linguistic Utopia.

After lunch I teach the teeming crowd. The dust has settled and I have 20 students in that class ranging from those in the 4th grade all the way through the high school grades. Teaching such a wide age range poses quite a challenge. The hardest part is trying to fit a week's worth of instruction into 50 minutes. I try to end the class at the correct time, but since I have so many students and since I know that a whole week will pass before I'll see many of them again, we continue class out in the stairway. The mass moves to the stairway to make room for the next class who will meet in that room. I continue to answer questions and hand back quizzes and hand-outs until everyone disappears up the stairs. I think every homeschooler involved enjoys being a part of this large class (including me)!

Rob turned in his church history paper today. Please pray that it may be well received, and that he would sucessfully pass this requirement. Man, did I learn a lot from his paper. I guess, I knew many of the details about Convenanting and Covenanters, but reading his paper helped me to put it all together and see the connections throughout history and their relevance today.

Well, I need to clean up around here. I put away piles of laundry this morning before class and I worked out at the Y this evening - so I'm not riddled with guilt at the moment. Of course the main reason I'm not presently riddled with guilt is because of my dear Lord and Savior, but I was only speaking of trivial things. :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are *many* times the one could use a woodle filled page!





And one of them is if a printer is in a problem period, and it fades out the top of each page. A very *wise* person might discover that it only needs to be primed a few times before prining the real doccument. This woodle page would then be most valuable!!

Suzanne said...

Why thank you for that - point taken.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Jones, don't be down on the woodle, personally I love woodles, the very word fills my heart with delight. Underneath ferRralWombats, woodles are my favorite suspicious creature (ferrel wallabies might tie with them for second)and suspicious creatures are dear to my heart.

Suzanne said...

You ARE a suspicious creature, Evan.

:)

Suzanne said...

Upon reflection, let me hasten to add that you have both profoundly improved my appreciation of the service humble woodles provide to all mankind.

Thank you very much.

Feanor said...

Your welcome, and yes I am a suspicious creature, which is why their dear to my heart, I guess.