Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Spaghetti

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti."
- Sophia Loren

Yup, that's my secret, too.

Just got up from supper and guess what Amy made?

Spaghetti!

It was yummy.

You may be asking yourself, "Didn't you all have an awfully early supper?" Yes, we did. We ate at 4:30 to be precise. That's what happens when you leave the house at 8:45 in the morning to go to music lessons, then drop Cabbage off at college around 12:30, then take Amy to the allergy doctor at 1 o'clock, then run some errands, then come home.

You eat early - especially if Amy has spaghetti ready. By this time you're pretty hungry so you just sit down and eat. That's what you do.

Not to say that you didn't eat all day. But sandwiches on the road just don't satisfy like some of Amy's spaghetti.

And besides, Sophia probably ate her speghetti at about 4:30, too. Don't you think?

I know you're just itching to see some photos from our Labor Day trip to the state park. Aren't you? Well, here they are.

Can you guess the name of the park?



Amy takes pictures of the ...



cliffs.



While Chili and the Cabbage navigate,



Ben contemplates.



The kids bravely crawled under this tree even though Candace was being attacked by a bee.



And oh yes here I am after a morning hike
and a plate of spaghetti ...

Good-bye, daaaarling.

4 comments:

Amy Thorne said...

WARNING: THIS IS A REAL COMMENT FROM SOMEONE THAT YOU ACTUALLY KNOW AND CARE TO HEAR FROM (hopefully)...

hooray! These pictures are hilarous. Heh, the one of me is especially tasteful, I think. :O)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! wow, you're sure a looker!!!

um. I mean, I knew you were before, and all of that, and you do look smashing after you hike, and um ... yeah ... ummmmmmmmmm.....

Abigail... said...

I love that quote ;-)

spaghetti, the ultimate comfort food.

Anonymous said...

I like the way YOU looked when I last saw you; however, I think I will have spegetti for dinner tonight.

Suzanne said...

HA! Spaghetti brings out the best in people.