Sunday, February 05, 2006

The crowning glory

As a memory aid, I want to jot down some points I remember from today's sermon.

Title: Restoring the Masterpiece (Gen. 1:26-31)

Intro - Story of the theft of the valuable painting, "The Mona Lisa" from the Louvre Museum in Paris. (Application: We are created in the Image of God and that image has been shattered as the result of the Fall but not wiped away permenantly.)

I. The Image of God in Man defined: Man is the crowning glory of God's creation. Since we are created in the Image of God, it is our capasity and our duty to serve God and love people.

II. The Image of God in Man shattered: Luther believed erroneously that the Image of God in Man was completely lost in the Fall, but fallen man still retains the Image of God like a shattered mirror. The reflection is distorted.

III. The Image of God in Man has been redeemed: I Cor. 15:49

IV. The Image of God in Man realized: Since we were going to come to the Communion Table, we were reminded that as we partake of the meal, we proclaim the Lord's death until He returns.

Amen.



Nota Bene:

After a wonderful service and a special time around the Lord's Table, we enjoyed a wonderful fellowship lunch with everyone.

I visited with a friend from the Elkhart congregation for a while this evening.

Then I led her over to the Fishers and picked up our kids (including my Amy) who had been away all weekend at a youth conference for juniors and seniors in high school. Amy had a blessed time of which I'm thankful.

We'll see Josh in less than two weeks!

Just wanted to share my Sunday with you. Have a great week!

1 comment:

C. Bright said...

Thank you for those notes, I was back in the Nursery that day and the clink of little trucks got in the way of my hearing at times. But what a blessing solid preaching is!