Thursday, February 16, 2006

Valentine's day

My husband surprised me with a special Valentine dinner! Good thing my trusty cell phone has a camera!

Here's how it all came about. We were scheduled to have a weekly bible study with some friends that evening so I didn't think anything about it when Chili told me that it would be scheduled an hour earlier than usual. I arrived at the Mission and waited with him in his office. I didn't think anything fishy was going on when he kept having to leave to "check on things." As I sat with my back to the door, he kept looking out the door behind me and making affirmative gestures. I sat, clueless, babbling on.

Then he arose and led me down the hall to the conference room where we have the bible study. He opened the door to a dark room, and my eyes were drawn to a couple of candles on a table.



The scene slowly sunk into my brain as I processed what I was looking at. One end of a long table was set with a intimate candlelit dinner. I don't exactly remember how I reacted. I think it was a mixture of jubilant exclamations and hugs.








Here's how it looked for a minute with the lights on.












Aaaah ... life is gooooood ...















A little bubbly? Mmmm, grape sparkling water!














Here's my food brought in from Olive Garden - it was a chicken dish (of course).
















And Chili's was a shrimp dish.














It turned out that Patty Tegeler and her girls did the fetching and decorating, but it was all my dear hubby's idea.

Great husband,

good friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! It could not have happened to a nicer lady or man, for that matter. I am thankful.