Tuesday, March 21, 2006

For nature lovers

Dawns and sunsets mean a lot to me. My admiration was first inspired by my grandmother. Usually a formal, reserved person, her eyes would suddenly light up and her tone would soften when she stopped to admire a sunset. I never knew her to pass one by. She always paused and shared it with me when we happened upon it. So you can understand my nostalgia when I read in verse 8 of Psalm 65 this morning, "Thou dost make the dawn and sunset shout for joy."

Makes me want to shout right along with them.

BTW: Happy First Day of Spring!

4 comments:

quirky said...

i love sunsets too. it's kind of hard to get a good view of one from campus though... yesterday i went to the arboretum in the pre-sunset hours and took a million pictures of flowers. i'm not sure if i like flowers or sunsets better. hmmmmm...

Suzanne said...

I'll make a deal with you. I'll post some pics of snow falling on March 21st, the first day of Spring, and you post some pics of beautiful East Texas flowers already in bloom.

Sound fair?

Man with a Mission said...

I love being at the Mission, but I really mis sharing sunsets with you.

quirky said...

i've already done my end of the deal. i might even post more later!