Monday, May 01, 2006

It's anybody's guess

The following are the most kooky questions I've ever heard.

As a kid, I was walking down the road one summer day minding my own business and I heard the voice of an old lady call out, "Is that you?"

How are you supposed to answer that? So I didn't.

More recently I was minding my own business cleaning the kitchen and I heard a voice coming from the den. I recognized the voice as belonging to my husband. I thought Rob was just being philosophical when he kept asking, "Who am I? ... Who am I? ... Who am I?"

Then I decided that he must be loosing his mind when he started throwing in, "Are you there? ... Who am I? ... Are you there? ... Who am I?"

When I slowly and reluctantly peeked around the corner, my worst fears were realized. I immediately noticed that his face had taken on an eery blueish color. My son who was sitting next to him was flushed with the same hue. They were swaying back and forth babbling incoherent phrases.

Nintendo has that effect on people.
I turned back to the kitchen.

5 comments:

quirky said...

ooooooo lawdy lawdy!!! you had me laughin' on that one. fun post.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness!! Good post! You certainly had my attention!

C. Bright said...

Oh you're a goose. What a good laugh!

the green sharpie! said...

Whoa! I knew exactly what you were talking about! Guess that's how you get when you have two brothers who play Nintendo. But usually it's me who is saying, "Who am I?" :-)

Feanor said...

"Is that you?" "NO, its ME!"