Saturday, June 10, 2006

Long time coming

I suppose that the recent overload of emotion that I've experienced in my life has made me want to avoid blogging about it. Be that as it may, I now come a-blogging.

Saying that I was filled to the brim with emotions last night when I attended a homeschool graduation ceremony would be an understatement. I watched "kids" walk across the stage who attended my church, who were my students, or who were my volleyball players. A fellow volleyball coach who is younger than I suffered a debilitating stroke this year after volleyball season, and I watched her shakily walk to the middle of the stage to hug her graduating son. Yeah, I was pretty choked up.

I've not only recently packed to move overseas, I've also grabbed every opportunity to spend a little extra quality time with my Indiana friends. Very fulfilling but painful too. We seem to hug a little longer, and linger to talk.

We are about to have family devotions, but here's at least a snippet of what's whirling around in my brain.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Please forgive my writing without introduction...a sweet friend of mine attends LeTourneau and shared Josh's site with me because I, too, have spent some time in Korea. :)

I just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel. I've been in similar situations, especially during the past two weeks or so. I pray God will bless you with His infinite peace and much comfort as you say farewell, for a time, to what has been held so precious in your heart. Everything is suddenly quite bittersweet, isn't it? I only know God's proven Himself to be so faithful in all the varying chapters of my life. :) I'll be praying for you as your move begins a new chapter in the story of your life.

Many blessings!

Suzanne said...

Thanks for your thoughts, Amy.

Nice to meet ya.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Keyword bextra attorney philadelphia boards shop guide Sony pc laptops Kia lx photos Debt elimination indianapolis popup blocker installed yahoo ativan withdraws Background antidepressants antivirus F2 fun & fitness pvt ltd Full body hair removal cream Bulova pocket watch 1950's