Monday, July 24, 2006

Internet at home is a beautiful thing

The land of castles and kings is great and getting greater all the time now that our house has access to the Internet. Are we technology junkies, or what? I should feel ashamed of myself for being so dependent on email and blogging exept that it's become an ever more important link between us and ya'll (that's Texas talk).

I promised a dear friend that I would post pics of our house and neighborhood - and I will soon (D.V.)

  • I've had tea with an elderly neighbor (cream first, then tea from the wee pot, then two sugars, please),
  • I've scrapped my elbow on a castle wall because I was climbing up to a window (probably broke some royal rule - but we won't tell anyone, now will we?),
  • I've seen burly men in skirts tossing telephone poles,
  • and I've walked more than Americans ever do.
These are just some of the adventures.

I do miss my friends and family back home, but in a strange way - this place already feels so right. Hard to explain.

Anyway, my plan is to somehow live here while staying vitally connected with you (you know who you are.)

As one of my first attempts to stay close while far away, I'll keep trying to keep you posted on me/us. I will also have our new Jones/Scotland blog posted soon.

Yours as much as ever -
Suzanne

3 comments:

Amy said...

I've truly missed hearing of life there, so I'm quite grateful that internet has found your home, at long last. :)

Blessings on you, sweet sister! I pray you will continue to find many wonderful people and places in this new nation to which you'll be ministering.

Already, it sounds as if you are off to a great start. :) (You've got to be careful about climbing in those castle windows, though! 800 year old bacteria can't be good for you.) :)

God be with you. I pray your ministry will flourish so that many hearts will be touched with God's love flowing through you...

Anonymous said...

Yes, please keep those blogs coming.
I really enjoy them!!

Amy Thorne said...

Whoo-hoo!! The sea at St. Andrews! And lime Coke! And Uni of Glasgow! And haggis!