Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Still going nowhere

Author's Note: I wrote this post 2 days ago and "posted it" only to realize today that I had hit the "Save as Draft" button instead of "Publish Post" button. Silly me.

Back on the bike. I've been wanting an exercise bike for a couple of months. Seeing how they don't grow on trees, I've made it just fine w/o one. But now I'm riding and typing just like old times, because the Lord is so kind and good to me. Last week when Rob and I took Ben to take his PSAT at the International School of Aberdeen, we were walking around the parking lot and he spied a very nice exercise bike by the dumpster. Rob asked a nearby maintainance man if we could have the bike and the guy said, "Sure," (Or the guy probably said, "No bother, cheerio.") So we threw it in the back of the van, brought it home, and here I ride today, multi-tasking to my heart's content.

I sing and pray the Psalms using the Metrical Psalter as part of my private devotions every day. For several years now I've been working my way through all the Psalms by focusing on one Psalm per week and singing that same one every day of the week then I pray the divinely inspired words back the One I worship. Since Candace is up early too, we usually sing and pray together.

Here's a verse that we sang this morning.

Bless the Lord, all things created,
All His hosts with one accord.
In all parts of His dominion.
O my soul, bless thou the Lord.
Ps. 103:22
Psalm 103D in the Metrical Psalter

O my soul, bless thou the Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very good idea! and I'm happy you have the bike.