Saturday, January 20, 2007

While looking out my window

It's sunny outside - brisk and clear. Ah, winter's brilliant sunlight! The tree branches allow you to peek through.

Perspective. That's what you get on a day like this.

Now I admit, I'd rather not walk out there today. 'Me' and 'cold' don't get along. But to just sit here and gaze at the snow-harboring rooftops
- well, I could do that all day.

This week I caught up with some local friends. Being a jar of clay, my Master molds me. Why is it that adversity produces deeper love? These days I look a little deeper into eyes and love a little deeper. Only God could translate pain into love.

With this morning's homeschool grad meeting behind and this afternoon's homeschool orchestra performance ahead, I'll leave you for now

4 comments:

the green sharpie! said...

you came...i sawest you...i hugged you...::sigh:: 'twas a loverly day!

Suzanne said...

Ah, my young cellist! You're always a joy to watch.

More fun times to come, sweetie.

Charity said...

Cold is okay, as long as it's accompanied by SNOW! I hear Indiana hasn't been doing too well in that this year, though...so I can't blame you! I love window-gazing. :)

Only God could translate pain into love.
Mmm...amen.

Anonymous said...

And you are such a wonderful vessel for that love.