Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Shake well before use

Quite a poetic phrase from the White Out bottle - don't you think?

Moving along ...

Felt rather puny this morning - flu-like symptoms. Spent the day with a flurry of activity followed by vertical inactivity. Preferring to be busy, my repose super-sized the day making it feel like I got two days for the price of one. I mean this day aughta be over by now, but nooooo, it's only four o'clock. Why couldn't I trade this day in for one of those days where each 60 minute hour lasts only 45 minutes?

The high point of the day? A spontaneous time of thanksgiving to the Lord this morning. Seems that the cold air had seeped into my soul and was I feeling rather like Puddleglum. After giving way to gloomy thoughts, it occurred to me, "Why not thank the Lord for some of His blessings for a while?" The clouds cleared away as my thanks flew upward. You can't stay grumpy and thankful at the same time. It's impossible. Mostly I was thankful for people -or- more specifically what I could see the Lord doing in the lives of people around me. This raised me right out of the dumps.

I needed a little morning shake up. Better than aerobics.

2 comments:

Feanor said...

Old age and weariness are things of the heart. Weakness and decrepitude sneak into the heart that straps itself down to the 9 to 5 and allows itself to stagnate Eeyore-fashion. A person will never be old if he excercises his heart daily in the art of rejoicing, and he well never be young if he does not.

Suzanne said...

Well said.