Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A southerner's forecast

This is all new to me.

I'll grant that when the scenery out the window was wiped out a couple of years ago in Kokomo, I couldn't believe it. I mean it was as if Someone had erased the sky and the ground and the parked cars - everything was white. I just stared out the window.

But this - this is different.
Don't talk to me about global warming or El Niño - nope, you've got it ALL wrong. We are actually entering the next Ice Age.

Skeptical?

Here's the proof:














1) It starts with BELOW freezing temperatures - like 7 degrees F.
(I knew you wouldn't believe me, but the backyard thermometer lies not.)



It gets worse ...















2) As the result of toxic fumes (like the fumes of peanut butter toast made by apathetic adolescents all over the world), the warm blanket that wraps the northern part of the United States is wearing thin creating the "refrigerator effect" plunging temperatures to a breath-stopping 7 degrees below zero.

See for yourself.



WARNING:
The following image is not suitable for those with delicate constitutions.






























































3) Gross! What IS that?
Oh, it's frozen raw egg drippings.
Wonder how it got there?
Perhaps a certain young southern gentleman was overcome with a need for some scientific observation. I can understand how someone from warmer climates would need to know if a raw egg would freeze on contact, but should such a person try his ground-breaking experiment right above the thermometer leaving it slimed for the rest of the winter?

This is debatable.


5) Can't say that I blame the man. I have my needs too.
















If you want me, I'll be hibernatin'. See ya'll in the Spring!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRRRRRRR. Woh!!! Don't suppose it would helpif I sang "You've got my love to keep you waarm"? No, I didn't think so.

the green sharpie! said...

Yeah, scientific observations are for warmer weather days I believe... :o)

Of course, with all those fumes from the peanut butter toast, I predict we shall not be having warmer weather days anytime soon. Dear me!

Bre and Em said...

I understand your needs. I have them too. Snow is just fun. Of course having a blizzard is a bit different. But the after effect is enjoyable (when there's not drifts in your driveway:).

I never thought of seeing if a raw egg would freeze though.

Emily Rose the Prose

Bre and Em said...

Yes, science expreriments in the freezing cold sounds out of the comfort zone.

But warm, thick, crunchy toast with lots of peanut butter and honey sounds like a nice comforting snack.mmmmmmm!

keep warm!
-Breezy

P.S. Egg all over the thermometer?

Anonymous said...

The Texans finally get to experience a real snow storm! Yay for sledding, canceled school, and postponed exams!

Amy Thorne said...

my mom makes snow angels

Charity said...

And what I wouldn't do for a blast of air conditioning...

I'm pretty sure we should trade places for the next month or so.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for all of your moral support.

Now I shall enter the dreamworld of my vivid imagination and leave this cold world behind.

Remembering that there are still warm Texicans and Australians out there keeps me sane

... don't EVEN say it!

Anonymous said...

i like those pics
janae