Thursday, April 28, 2005

When troubles come

I've recently been taken into the confidence of two people who are very dear to me as they have both shared some painful situations in their lives. I'm very concerned about both of them. Even though the troubles my close friends are dealing with are their own and not mine, I still bear a burden. My heart is heavy too, and I groan within. I feel weak and vulnerable because their troubles could just as easily be mine in an instant, and besides, I want to help. I want to carry some of their burden for them, but I can't. The burden that a concerned friend carries is not the actual load. Oh, what can I do? What can I do?

I can listen well, I can be there, I can pray.

There is something we can do together. We can enter together into the presence of the Lord. I want us to walk in together - side by side. If we must have different trials on our own paths of life, let us then come together to worship God.

As Psalm 33:20-22 says:
"Our soul waits for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
For our heart rejoices in Him,
Because we trust in His holy name.
Let Thy lovingkindness, O Lord, be upon us,
According as we have hoped in Thee."

No comments: