Monday, July 25, 2005

My car



Here's a pic of my sweet, green Jaguar.

There's a story behind this car.

You see the kids and I started seeing this car almost every time we drove to school last year parked in front of the courthouse here in Kokomo. I very much admired it and commented thusly every time I saw it.

Soon my admiration grew into delusion, and I began to believe that the car actually did belong to me. I just never got to drive it. I had other people working for me who drove it for me.

Time wore down the kids' grasp on reality and they started to believe that the Jaguar was mine as well. Each new time we saw it one of them would say, "Hey Mom, there's your car!"
And I'd say, "Yes, I had someone wash it this weekend. Looks nice doesn't it?"
"Yeah, looks real good."

I told my husband, and later, my visiting mother-in-law, and they all believed me.

So it is time to share my car with a wider audience. What do you think of it?

4 comments:

Feanor said...

Its . . . . nice

Abigail... said...

OH! I love it! you have inspired me to show everyone my blue mini cooper with its white racing strip sometime ;-)

And while, like you, I havent actually DRIVEN it...I HAVE gotten reeeally close and looked in the windows...which was fun.

Luddie said...

You are taking pictures of someone else' car, you bad bad evil person! You'll get sued!

Actually, come to think of it, chances are actually pretty good this belonged to a lawyer, considering where it was parked. :|

quirky said...

i think... that it very much looks like a porsche, not a jaguar. very nice car indeed, i agree.