Thursday, March 24, 2005

Satis superque!

Yesterday my hubby brought me an ancient Latin textbook ... from the 1950's. I perused over it pretty thoroughly today. ::thought chirps, "I wonder if they' ll find this exceedingly boring?" ... nah:: It's really facinating to think that most school children studied the ancient Latin language in past generations. Being quite the inquisitive type, I was curious about the approach used in a relatively modern time (relative to me anyway - although I hasten to add that it was written before my time. :-) The title of the text is Latin for Americans, II, a text for second year Latin students. I predicted that it would be infused with cheesy 1950's patriotic flourishes and chalked full of condescending imperatives for the all too eager students. But not so. They seemed to pull off this great balance between readings, photos and artwork (okay that part was a little cheesy), grammar lessons, and study hints. A real gem. Okay, okay, I get really enthusiastic about this kind of thing. But Megan knows how it feels, anyway. :-) Habeas Corpus! (You must have the body!) Oops that's the wrong one. I mean, Satis Superque! (Enough and more than enough!)

The Joneses have a music group again - it's blue-grass this time. We've been getting ready for the Teachers Appreciation Night, an occasion for folks to show their talent. Don't ask me what I'm doing up there. It will be tomorrow night at the church building. Canny will be on the fiddle, Amy on the mandolin, Ben on the chellar, and yours truly on the GUI-tar. Should be amusing. There will NOT be a video for those of you who like to trade performances (although I still want all of your video files). Not fair? Oh well.

Satis Verborum! (No more need be said!)

4 comments:

quirky said...

i would so give you videos ga-LORE if i could figure out how to post them...

since you were talking about cheesy latin stuff, and benny is playing the chellar, does that mean he's playing a cheesy cello?? okay, that was....cheesy

Anonymous said...

I would like to see and hear the Blue Grass Performance. A pity it will not be videoed. Oh well, that just means you all can do a repeat performance sometime.
S. O.G.

Luddie said...

Bah! The adoring public demands videos! :D

I'd get up my concert sound bytes for y'all to hear, but I doubt at this point Dex still has them on his little machine. Ah well. :|

Anonymous said...

hermes outlet
jordan 11
jordan shoes
jordan 13
jordan shoes
off-white
air jordan 1
off white
goyard outlet
palm angels