Friday, October 28, 2005

Quiet evening

Been fighting a cold this week. I'm spared from sickness most of the time - but when it does catch up, it can linger for a couple of weeks - just bothersome enough to take away most of my energy and all of my brain. YesterdayI asked my Lit students if they have ever tried to function without a brain. Their reactions told me they had.

Tonight my family has gone to the Fall Party over at the Brookshire's with all the rest of our church. I figure, I can either go be cold and dazed or stay home and be cozy and quiet. Guess which I chose?

Plans for this evening?

- Talk to my sister, Steph, on the phone.
- Clean the house ... some.
- Listen to more of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
- Pick up a couple of things at the grocery store.

Ahh, a restful evening. Interruptions seem to zap my energy. A restful evening for me is one where I can quietly focus on a few things. Different people relax in different ways. Somehow if I can stay a little busy and focus on one thing at a time, after a while I feel rested and refreshed.

Yesterday when my hubby and I went for a walk on Mulberry Street again, I took my camera along to show you what I see.















Our street, Walnut, isn't too shabby either.















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful you are feeling better.
And what beautiful pictures!

C. Bright said...

::snif:: That's not what you were supposed to say at all! You really meant "Ah and whenever my beautiful, staid, dulcet family is gone the house is mournful with the absence of those dove-like voices!"

Or, like, you could come back to our time dimension and say what you did. Rest is good.