Wednesday, November 02, 2005

In the style of James Joyce (uuuhhhh ....... right)

Come-on ... just start typing. Don't just sit there waiting for a flash of inspiration. This post won't get written while you're just staring at the blank blogger form. And it won't get written just staring at the Starfield screen saver either. Just start typing what flows naturally from your mind like James Joyce. Yeah, it worked well for him.

If I had only blogged this morning at Vladimir's during Ben's cello lesson. As a matter of fact I brought the laptop with that in mind, but I worked on a lit quiz instead. Then we had to pass that grievous opstacle on the way out of Carmel. Someone had the audacity to build a brand new Starbucks right on the corner where we exit from Pam's. You talk about a stong desire to turn in. Whew - it's tough. I wish they had built a White Castle instead - then it would it would be a little easier.

This evening's bible study in our home covered Acts chapter 16. It always amazes me the rich discussion that comes from taking the time to study a chapter of God's Word together. I'm thankful for that kind of format - reading, considering, questioning, discussing.

This week's special projects:
- Writing some long overdue letters. ("long overdue" not necessarily "long")
- Continuing to listen to The Chronicles of Narnia on CD. currently: The Horse and His Boy
- Continuing to read Pride and Predjudice with Ben.
- Going to exercise class when I can spare an hour.
- Meeting the other volleyball coaches for a planning session for the VB Banquet at an unmentionable restaurant. :)

Next week:
- Getting that root canal I've been needing.

... I'm serious

... like ... on Monday.

1 comment:

C. Bright said...

Ah! Root Canal! How scary for us precious. But I also sense a smoothie trip as well. All is not lost.

I *love* going through the kitchen and hearing Lizzie and Darcy bantering. So womantic!

P.S. James Joyce was Irish. Colin Farrell is Irish. Need I say more? (jk!)