Friday, November 11, 2005

A day to commemorate

Amy ordered her senior ring this week. Is it that time already? How time flies! After all, she and Ben are the "youngers" - how can it be that it's time for one of the youngers to order a senior ring? Anyway, it's a beautiful ring and I'll see if I can get permission to show it to you when it comes in.

Leaf raking is on the agenda again today. I'll let you know how that goes.
I have such an exciting life.
I really DO - just not on paper ... er whatever this is.

Robert has gone to the Presbytery meeting today. We alighted from bed at 6:05, Barry appeared soon after, and they headed to Jason's house to pick up their final passenger. The plan is for Robert to be licenced to preach in the Reformed Presbyterian Church today, Lord willing. From my perspective, our Heavenly Father has been preparing Robert for this awesome event for years, and it culminates today. I'm not one for grandiose exaggeration, but no amount of rejoicing in the Lord Who brought my husband to this point would do it justice. He was called to pastor 20 years ago, but I know now it wasn't time yet. God hid us away in our wonderful country home in Texas. He had us raise our children, love each other, learn of His ways, be a part of a wonderful church family in Texas, and in His good timing, He led us to Indiana where we joined with people who we have come to truly respect and love. This is a day to be commemorated before the Lord. I do not believe I'm exaggerating when I say that. All praise be to God for His wondrous ways!

I'm so glad those three rode together. They are such an encouragement to each other. Sometimes it's neat to step back and realize the good friends the Lord places in our lives. Barry and Jason are definitely dear friends of Robert's. Fast friends. Come to think of it, I consider their wives Miriam and Jenny to be dear friends of mine. Miriam's my near neighbor who I wouldn't hesitate to borrow sugar from in time of need (although the 24-hour Kroger is about as close.) There are things that she has that Kroger doesn't. We try to meet in the neighborhood for a walk whenever we can, and we often end up lingering in the driveway or sitting down for a while in my sun room to talk. Jenny and I were volleyball coaches together. That experience helped to cement our friendship - although I'll never forget her and Jason's kindness as they drove us around Kokomo when we were looking for a house to rent and their moral support when Rob was looking for a job. That was just the beginning. I like to spend time with Jenny. She and I hit it off when we talk.

This blog has been very satisfying to write, but it has now run it's course. I must away, methinks. God bless you!

4 comments:

C. Bright said...

The ring! What color? I heard two excellent and cool cat choices but I can't recall which was the privileged one.

I, ah hem, raked my own 179 leaves today. About one square foot of the yard looks better for it too. :}

Presbytery was a giant leap for the whole family. As great as you have put it on here, God exceeded our expectations did He not?!

Yes, Jason and Jenny are wonderful, but you are forgetting an even more affectionate person.
I LOVE you Megan!!!!

Suzanne said...

Lite green, I think.

Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God!! I am proud for you all and proud of you all.
And I love you all.

Amy Thorne said...

But you all forget that the ring is mine ... my own ... my precious .

::Strokes the non-comming-in yet ring::