Wednesday, November 23, 2005

First snow


::Shakes head and looks around::

Hum, I'm a little disoriented here. I'm trying to write a post in a strange atmosphere. The tab I'm in says "Crea" and the button I always click to post says "Dubblica post." The save drafts button says, "Salva come bozza." That's silly. Wonder who in the world changed my settings to Italian? Perhaps his highness, L'Ultimo Re? If so, I shall petition him to have it changed back to English.

I just paused this post to take a picture out our front living room window. See what I see? The first snow! Remember what that looks like (Joy and Josh)? Yippee!

Last week was a blur with most of my focus on Amy's recovery after nose surgery. She is feeling much better now. The surgery was on Monday then we went back to the doctor on Wednesday and then back again this past Monday and the doctor was pleased with the way Amy's nose looked and it is healing fine. I'm so thankful.

Last week was also finals week. An English teacher grades essays and a Latin teacher grades minutely detailed tests so that took some focus too. Trimester grades have been computed and new syllabi have been prepared. So I'm in good shape.

Next trimester's going to be great in Eng. Lit. 'cause we're getting into POETRY!! I really like poetry. Poetry's my friend. I imagine my students must also be beside themselves with joy.
: D

Today, we will shop for Thanksgiving groceries and start preparing for tomorrow's grand meal. We're having Thanksgiving here at our house with just our family (Josh'll be with his granny) and a couple of friends.

Well, I need to go start defrosting the turkey in the sink. Hope your Thanksgiving is a blessed one!

3 comments:

Amy Thorne said...

Ma amo la lingua italiana e ho pensato soltanto che chaning il mio blogsite e รจ tutto il dorso a normale adesso! Mio cattivo! Ma tutto meglio adesso.

Suzanne said...

See what I mean?

Please translate for the less opera-like.

Anonymous said...

Yes, and for Grannys that don't read Italian.
Yes, I do remember the Winter Wonderland we drove into that night almost a year ago. Beautiful!
Would love to see it again.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving - all of you.