Saturday, April 08, 2006

Out of hibernation

Hope your Saturday was sun-shiny, too.

Anticipating that our "heat of the day" walk would be worth photographing, I brought the camera.

You have to understand that Robert and I walk together almost every day although Rob would debate me on that. He likes to point out that I went into hibernation for most of the winter. I guess he's right though I don't like to admit it. I fancy myself to be like all the other hearty Hoosiers around here.

But back to what I was saying. We have three different kinds of walks: the neighborhood walk, the alley walk, and (the best sounding) the WALK OF EXCELLENCE. Our walk today incorporated all three. See thusly for yourself.

1) Here's our den before leaving. Candace accompanied us on today's walk.















2) The WALK OF EXCELLENCE, so dubbed by the City of Kokomo, meanders through a city park by Wildcat Creek.
















3) Duckies swim here. Rob says the ducks never get wet.
















4) Trees lean over the water.
















5) Trash cans lend a quaint outline to our beloved alley walk. Rob didn't appreciate the great artistic beauty that the trash cans added to this picture. But you see it, don't you?
















6) Another alley.
















7) Here's a typical Kokomo sight on our neighborhood walk.
















8) Glaring at a squirrel who's glaring right back. Rob thinks of his gun, but doesn't say anything.
















9) Walnut Street. Almost home.
















10) Wind chimes by the back door. Compare to the photo in my "What gives" post - a couple of posts ago. This is the same view - only it's from outside instead of through the window.















Three walks in one - Praise God for Spring!

3 comments:

Amy Thorne said...

Coolio. I like the squirrel best. He reminds me of coffee.

Suzanne said...

Riiiiiiiiight.

quirky said...

i think the squirrel is nice... he in no way reminds me of coffee.

my favorite is #7, of your neighborhood. that is totally WAY gorgeous. i want to come visit!