Thursday, April 06, 2006

Silly rabbits

Sure, you can take tons of photos with a digital camera. The digital camera has brought out the free-clicking maniac in us all – but it comes with a price. Finally, after your computer is loaded with 650 memories of friends, scenery, kittens, and babies, you have to actually DO something with the darn things!

Options:

  • Make them all into prints – yeah right. Too expensive.
  • Burn them on a CD – sounds good unless your CD burner doesn’t work too good. Like ours.
  • Ignore them and let them lie around on your computer – bad idea. Very irresponsible.
  • Grow irritated and throw them all away in a huff – not too smart. You’ll be sorry later.
  • Take them to the local CVS drugstore and burn them on a take-home CD – now you’re talking.
  • Upload them on a photo storage website – sounds like a plan. Still checking on that one.

Do you ever bound into Spring Break with huge plans to tackle that stack of dandy projects you’ve been ignoring?

So did I.

I would personally rather not spend one second of time on considering digital photo options.

::Sigh::

To live in the modern age is to spend a huge amount of time considering options. That’s the stuff that life is made of. And choosing from so many options takes time – lots of it.

I’m torn. I like options just as much as the next person. But options burn me out. I want to choose to the glory of God. Trouble is I sometimes spend too much time tarrying on the options that just gratify … me.

I hope I can strike the balance of being wise by investing time in things worthy of the heavenly kingdom (computer skills among them, I think) and cutting back on the time spent in chasing silly rabbits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts! I enjoyed that!