Saturday, January 14, 2006

Drink more coffee


Guess what our family did yesterday?








Had sandwiches and coffee at a local establishment.

Much to my family's dismay and to your delight, I brought along the camera.

Our friend, Jason Camery, happened to be eating lunch in the same restaurant and joined us. I appoligize for not having any photos of Jason, but I'm not in the habit of shooting pictures of folks while they eat. On the other hand, I have been known to photograph my family while they eat. Photographing someone while they eat would be frowned upon by society, and I would risk losing friends by doing so, but my family can't kick me out and must therefore put up with me - hee, hee.

For the record, Ben took this photo.











The cafe was comfy - decorated in classic ease. My kind of surroundings.
















The latest news is that Candace and Josh are gone to a college winter church conference this weekend.

This morning, Robert has gone with Barry and Jason to serve as speakers for the conference.

I haven't seen Ben or Amy yet this morning.

I have many things I'd like to accomplish this day, but am still in my pj's armed with many good intentions.














It's hard to let the reality soak in that Josh will board a plane on Tuesday which will cross the Atlantic to London, then will cross the entire African continent to land in Johannesburg, the largest city of South Africa. There he will help an archaeological team catalog artifacts and such.

I know Josh is up to this trip. I've recently seen how he gets along with new people and handles himself in new surroundings as he takes care of business. I guess my greatest concern is for his health. I don't want him to catch a bug and get sick. I've been quite a pest about his taking some malaria prevention pills.

Keep telling me, "Don't worry, he'll be fine. He'll be fine."

Our family sang Psalm 121 yesterday and the words were so wonderfully applicable to comfort me as I think of Josh's upcoming trip to the mountains of South Africa. Here are the words:

I to the hills will lift my eyes. From whence shall come my aid?
My safety cometh from the Lord Who heav'n and earth has made.
Thy foot He'll not let slide, nor will He slumber that thee keeps.
Lo, He that keepeth Israel, He slumbers not nor sleeps.
The Lord thee keeps; the Lord thy shade on thy right hand doth stay:
The moon by night thee shall not smite, nor yet the sun by day.
The Lord shall keep thee from all ill; He shall preserve thy soul.
The Lord as thou shalt go and come forever keeps thee whole.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply loved that blog..every word..every picture ('m glad you took your camera) I, too, think of Josh - such a long way. God will be with him every mile, every step and bring him home safely.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Ludwhig! This is Andrew Spencer, from LeTourneau. Your Blog was linked to his, so I decided to come say hi.

Josh said...

Josh will be more than fine. Who can touch a servant in the hands of our mighty God.