Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Quotes in my head

To keep the Word of God before my eyes so it can seep into my mind and richly dwell there is one of my goals. Of course daily life (and my handling of it) always threatens to cast it into oblivion. But there lies the battle.

There's no substitution for the pure milk of the Word being worked into a life.

Recently I've had two lyrical quotes floating in my brain that aren't from Scripture, but are still edifying.


First one is:
"When you get what you want, but not what you need."


When I desire things that aren't good for me, doesn't God let me sometimes have those things?
In that way, doesn't He teach me what is really good for me?
In that way, doesn't He change my desires to match what I need?


And the second one is:
"You're the only chance I'll take."

Christ,
the Wonderful Counselor,
the Lord of lords,
the Door,
the Way,
the Truth,
the Life.

No comments: